Friday, June 8, 2012

magical medlock ames

Is there anything more atmospheric than gold globe lights at twilight? I snapped this picture with my iPhone on the grounds of Medlock Ames Winery a few weekends ago.  Medlock Ames is one of my favorite parts about living in Healdsburg. It has become our go-to hangout for Friday Night happy hours.  In addition to a vinyard, vegetable gardens, and a bocce court, Medlock Ames also has wine country's only speakeasy bar, officially called The Alexander Valley Bar. Food and Wine Magazine described it as utopian, and I totally agree. 

Fun Fact: our very first tomato plant was adopted from Medlock Ames. On our most recent visit, we were given an extra tomato start. I am so happy that we'll have a little piece of this place growing in our backyard! 

I can't think of a more perfect song to pair this photo with than Florence + The Machine's live version of Cosmic Love as performed for Seattle's KEXP Radio on 4/16/10.  Just like the above photo, this performance is nothing but magical. I first discovered this song (and this now very popular artist!) on a randomly downloaded KEXP podcast. This performance absolutely had me floored.  I couldn't stop rewinding the podcast to the start of this song.  I am so happy I am that they uploaded this clip on to YouTube so that I can share it with you.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment