Thursday, June 7, 2012

i've got totally enormous extinct dinosaurs playing in my garden

I am officially obsessed with gardening. I am also officially obsessed with Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs and their song, Garden (on Spotify) . It's perfect background music for gardening and other projects around the house and office. 

The garden that I started a couple of weeks ago is starting to sprout, and I am constantly running outside to check on them. I've got my seeds in starter pallets, with seed starting soil. Simultaneously, I've been prepping the soil in our yard's sunniest spot with compost and a little bit of fertilizer.

To keep things simple, I ordered a group of heirloom vegetable seeds and salad greens from Williams Sonoma's newest division, Agrarian. (my favorite new site) They work out to be less than $2 per seed packet, which is surprisingly great bargain for seeds. I also bought a few bags of organic compost from our local hardware store, and some organic vegetable fertilizer. I'm a couple of weeks away from transplanting my seedlings to their new homes. As soon as I do, I will post more pictures of the whole garden.  We don't have a ton of yard tools and supplies yet, so we're making due with what we've got.  As illustrated that first photo, an old wine bottle makes the perfect watering can.

Side note: It just so happens that Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs have a new album coming out on Monday.  I am quickly becoming obsessed with their new song Trouble on YouTube Check out the sneak peek on facebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment