Thursday, February 9, 2012

a proper farewell to washingon dc

Dupont Circle

Healdsburg has been wonderful so far, but...

Washington DC, you will always be my first love.  For that,  I owe you a proper goodbye.

Washington DC, I first fell in love with you on an unseasonably warm October evening in 2002.  It was my sophomore year of college, and I was on a class trip with Syracuse University's Entrepreneurship Club.  We were in Georgetown, crossing over the C&O Canal bridge.  The sun had gone down, but the Patagonia store still had its doors wide open, and as I walked past, one of my very favorite songs drifted out in to the night air.  With the moon out, the water below, and the street lamps glowing gold, it was a perfect serendipitous moment. I knew instantly that we were meant for each other.
Autumn Leaves in Georgetown
Once I arrived, you endlessly charmed me with your museums, monuments, and beautiful city scenes.

The Willard Hotel



You sparked an passion for politics that will stay with me for the rest of my life.
The United States Capitol Building



You introduced me to one of my favorite spots on earth, Glover Park.
W Street in Glover Park
 And it was there in Glover Park that you first introduced me to the love of my life.
Brandt and I in front of the National Gallery of Art

 Washington DC, you have been nothing short of magical, and for that, I thank you <3

Connection between the East and West Wings of the National Gallery of Art. 



No comments:

Post a Comment